Friday, August 16, 2013

Monster High mugs in 1/6 scale

When I made the heels for Monster High shoes using wooden cigarette holders, I was left with pieces of round wooden tubes and wondered what I could do with those. I decided to use them to make mugs for 1/6 scale sets. The heart-shaped plastic decorations are for making the handles.


Here are the tubes sawn into suitable length and the plastic pieces cut to shape.


Then I glued the handles in place, glued cardboard to the bottom of the mugs, and painted everything with white acrylic paint.


I found these small Monster High stickers the other day and thought they would be perfect for this purpose.


I applied one coat of glossy sealer, let dry, attached the stickers, and applied two more coats of sealer to get really glossy surface.


3 comments:

Hannah said...

The mugs are great! thanks for sharing Hannah

BlackKitty said...

Awesome! What kind of saw do you use?

Tarja said...

I use an Xacto razor saw and a mini mitre box.