Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fitting shirt for a less articulated doll

The problem with dolls that have straight arms that go slightly outwards from the body is getting certain items of clothing on the doll. For example, if the hands are far from each other, you need a very wide shirt or one made of very stretchy material. I solved the problem by making the shirt in two parts.

In the picture, you can see that, instead of having front and back pieces, this one has left and right. There will be opening in both front and back.

This is the finished shirt. I used velcro for fastening and attached some trimming in front, because I didn't feel like sewing in fake buttons.

Here is the shirt on a Living Dead Doll.

No comments: